Delicious sweet salad
Arugula, Sweet Corn and Herb Salad
- 1 large ear of corn
- 6 ounces baby arugula, washed and spun dry
- 2 tablespoons chopped or slivered fresh herbs, like basil, tarragon, chives, parsley, marjoram
- 1 ounce shaved Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, puréed (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium-size ripe tomatoes, cut in wedges
Steam the corn until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. When it is cool enough to handle, cut the kernels from the cobs.
Combine the corn, arugula, herbs and Parmesan in a salad bowl. In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the sherry vinegar, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil.
Just before serving, toss the salad with the dressing. Garnish with the tomato wedges and serve.