Spicy green bean salad.
Green Bean Salad with Tomato Chutney
- 2 1/4 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 4 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 11/2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped seeded serrano chile
Cook beans in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain again. Pat dry. (Beans can be made 1 day ahead. Wrap in paper towels and store in resealable plastic bags; refrigerate.) Chop tomatoes in processor using on/off turns. Add brown sugar, garlic, ginger, cumin, and chile. Process until almost smooth. Pour tomato mixture over beans; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until cold, about 4 hours. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Arrange beans on large platter and serve.