Simple pasta recipe with fresh herbs.
Pasta with Fresh Tomatoes and Thyme
- 1/2 pound dried rotini or other spiral pasta
- 3 small tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves (or summer savory)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled ricotta salata or feta
Fill a 4-quart pasta pot three fourths full with salted water and bring to a boil for rotini. Coarsely chop tomatoes and mince garlic. In a large bowl toss together tomatoes, garlic, thyme, vinegar, oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Marinate tomatoes 20 minutes. Cook rotini in boiling water until al dente and drain well in a colander. Add pasta to tomatoes and toss. Serve pasta sprinkled with ricotta salata.