A spicy lumpy curry great to be served with rice.
Spicy Eggplant and Green Bean Curry
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 eggplant, peeled, cut into 2 x 1/2 x 1/2-inch sticks
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon Thai green curry paste
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
Heat 4 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger; stir 30 seconds. Add eggplant and green beans. Cook until almost tender, stirring often, about 10 minutes. Cover and cook until completely tender, about 3 minutes longer. Transfer vegetables to bowl.
Add 1 tablespoon oil, lime peel, and curry paste to same skillet; stir 15 seconds. Add coconut milk; bring to boil, whisking until smooth. Return vegetables to skillet; toss until sauce thickens enough to coat vegetables, about 3 minutes. Season with salt. Mix in onions, cilantro, and mint.