Saute it up and serve it over brown rice, quinoa, pasta. A light yet filling meal.
Swiss Chard & Pan Roasted Tomatoes with Chickpeas
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 small plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise (or any type!)
- 1 small bunch Swiss chard, thick stems and ribs removed and leaves torn (about 8 cups)
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Cook the rice according to the package directions. Twenty minutes before the rice is done, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tomatoes, cut-side down, and cook, shaking the pan occasionally, until browned and starting to soften, 3 to 5 minutes; turn and cook for 1 minute more. Transfer to a plate. Reduce heat to medium and add the chard, raisins, garlic, 2 tablespoons water, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper to the skillet. Cook, tossing, until the chard wilts, 2 to 3 minutes. Return the tomatoes to the skillet, add the chickpeas and lemon juice, and toss until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve over the rice.