In a large bowl, combine chicken, shredded Tokyo bekana, scallions, carrots, basil and mint.
Tokyo Bekana Wraps
- 1 can coconut milk (13.5 oz)
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast (6 oz)
- 1 head Tokyo Bekana, bottom trimmed, shredded
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 carrots, peeled and grated
- 10 leaves basil, cut into fine slivers
- 10 leaves mint, cut into fine slivers
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seed oil
- 10 rice paper wrappers
- Peanut sauce or ponzu sauce for dipping
In a medium saucepan, pour coconut milk over chicken and bring to a simmer. Poach chicken until it is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Allow chicken to cool in poaching liquid. Remove chicken and shred. Discard poaching liquid.
In a small bowl, combine vinegar, olive oil, soy sauce, ginger, honey, and sesame oil. Pour over vegetables and chicken. Cover and refrigerate one hour.
When ready to serve, lay Tokyo bekana outer leaves on work surface. Divide filling between the leaves and roll each leaf into a bundle.
Fill a pie plate with cold water. Dip one rice paper wrapper into the water and let it soak until it just becomes pliable. Lay rice paper wrapper on work surface and lay vegetable bundle in the center. Wrap up burrito style and set aside. Continue with remaining wrappers and vegetable bundles. Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce such as peanut sauce or ponzu. Makes: 10